Handbook of Research on Biomedical Engineering Education & Advanced Bioengineering Learning: Interdisciplinary Concepts (Two-Volume Set). IGI-Global, Hershey, PA, USA. 1123 Pages. February 2012.
Editor: Z.O. Abu-Faraj, Ph.D. [connect to website]
Project Alexander the Great
A Study on the World Proliferation of Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Education
InTech Biomedical Engineering Trends in Materials Science
[Click to download book - 65MB]
Template for Curriculum Vitae
Recent Refereed International Publications
Department of Biomedical Engineering
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
American University of Science & Technology
Revised: May 1, 2016
1. Abu-Faraj ZO, Harris GF, Smith PA, Hassani S. Human Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis. In: Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, USA, pp. 1-34, December 15, 2015.
2. Mattar R, Diab J, Wehbe S, Merhej C, and Abu-Faraj ZO. Normative Plantar Pressure Distribution in Asymptomatic Adult Subjects: A Pilot Study. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Advances in Biomedical Engineering (ICABME 2015), pp. 230-233, September 16-18, 2015, Hadat-Beirut, Lebanon.
3. Abu-Faraj ZO, Abdul-Al MM, and Al-Deeb RA. Leg Length Discrepancy: A Study on In-Shoe Plantar Pressure Distribution. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI 2015), pp. 292-296, October 14-16, 2015, Shenyang, People Republic of China.
4. Abu-Faraj ZO. Biomedical Engineering Education in the Middle East and North Africa. Proceedings of the 2nd Middle East Conference on Biomedical Engineering, pp. 317-320, February 17-20, 2014, Doha, Qatar.
5. Abu-Faraj ZO, Faraj YT, Mohtar KH, Rammal MM. Characterization of Plantar Pressures in Visually Impaired Individuals: A Pilot Study. Proceedings of the 6th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, pp. 1549-1553, November 6-8, 2013, San Diego, CA, USA.
6. Abu-Faraj ZO, Jabbour E, Ibrahim P, Ghaoui A. Design and Development of a Prototype Rehabilitative Shoes and Spectacles for the Blind. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics, pp. 683-687, October 16-18, 2012, Chongqing, People Republic of China.
7. Abu-Faraj ZO - Editor. Handbook of Research on Biomedical Engineering Education & Advanced Bioengineering Learning: Interdisciplinary Concepts. Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, Two-Volume Set, pp. 1123, February 2012. http://www.igi-global.com/book/handbook-research-biomedical-engineering-education/58270
8. Abu-Faraj ZO. Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Education. In: Abu-Faraj ZO (Editor). Handbook of Research on Biomedical Engineering Education & Advanced Bioengineering Learning: Interdisciplinary Concepts. Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, pp. 1-59, February 2012.
9. Abu-Faraj ZO. The Student and the Internationalization of Higher Education. Proceedings of the 32nd Conference of the Arab ACRAO, 3 pp., March 25-29, 2012, Beirut, Lebanon.
10. Abu-Faraj ZO. Project Alexander the Great: An Analytical Comprehensive Study on the Global Spread of Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Education. In: Laskovski AN (Editor). Biomedical Engineering, Trends in Materials Science. Vienna, Austria, European Union: Intech Open Access Publisher, pp. 549-564, January 2011. Available online: http://www.intechweb.org/books/show/title/biomedical-engineering-trends-in-materials-science
11. Abu-Faraj ZO, Barakat SS, Chaleby MH, Zaklit JD. A SIM Card-Based Ubiquitous Medical Record Bracelet/Pendant System: A Pilot Study. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics, 5 pp., October 15-17, 2011, Shanghai, People Republic of China.
12. Abu-Faraj ZO, Akar HA, Assaf EH, Al-Qadiri MN, Youssef EG. Evaluation of Fall and Fall Recovery in a Simulated Seismic Environment: A Pilot Study. Proceedings of the 32nd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3954-3957, August 31-September 4, 2010, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
13. Abu-Faraj ZO, Abou Assi FA, Jaber RK, Khalife HA. Characterization of Postural Stability in a Simulated Environment of an Earthquake Using In-Shoe Plantar Pressure Measurement. Proceedings of the 31stAnnual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 5243-5246, September 2-6, 2009, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
14. Abu-Faraj ZO, Hamdan TF, Wehbi MR, Khalil GA, Hamdan HM. The Study of Postural Stability in an Earthquake-Simulated Environment Yields a Retained Cognitive Learning Outcome! Journal of Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 14-21, 2008. Available online: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/bmerc/contents/JBPE/index.htm
15. Abu-Faraj ZO. Bioengineering / Biomedical Engineering Education and Career Development: Literature Review, Definitions, and Constructive Recommendations. International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 990-1011, 2008.
16. Abu-Faraj ZO, Harris GF, Smith PA. Plantar Pressure-Based Quantitative Assessment of Subtalar Arthrodesis in the Rehabilitation of Planovalgus Foot Deformity. In: Harris GF and Smith PA; Editors. Foot and Ankle Motion Analysis: Clinical Treatment and Technology, First Edition, CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, pp. 105-129, 2008.
17. Abu-Faraj ZO, Bou Sleiman HC, Al Katergi WM, Heneine JLD, Mashaalany MJ. A Rehabilitative Eye-Tracking Based Brain-Computer Interface for the Completely Locked-In Patient. In: Wickramasinghe N and Geisler E; Editors. Encyclopedia of Healthcare Information Systems, First Edition, Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, Vol. III, pp. 1153-1160, 2008.
18. Abu-Faraj ZO. Career Development in Bioengineering / Biomedical Engineering: A Student's Roadmap. Proceedings of the 30thAnnual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 1564-1567, August 20-24, 2008, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
19. Abu-Faraj ZO. Project Alexander the Great: A Study on the World Proliferation of Biomedical Engineering Education. Proceedings of the 30th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 2873-2876, August 20-24, 2008, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.